Under the guidelines from denominational officials, Mexia First Assembly services will restart in-person services on May 9-10, in addition to our online services. Find out more information on how to participate in online or in-person services below..
FIND OUT ABOUT & SIGN UP FOR IN-PERSON SERVICES
Phase 1 of Re-Opening
Under the guidelines of denominational officials, MFA will restart in-person services on May 9-10. However, things will be different than usual.
While we cannot guarantee a germ-free environment, we are taking steps to help prevent transmission of Covid-19. You can read more about those steps below. If you are sick, have a fever, present any signs of cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay home.
We care about your health and safety. If you are in a high-risk group, we encourage you to continue attending online during Phase 1.
As a result of social distancing guidelines, our capacity is limited to 74 people in each service. Please fill email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which service you would like to attend. Seating availability is on a first come – first served basis. If a service is full, that option will not be available. Please sign up for one service only.
In-Person Service Schedule
- Saturday | 5:00pm(Family Service)
- Sunday | 10:45am
What is the Family Service?
On Saturday at 5:00pm, you and your children can attend service together. The format will be similar to the weekly SLAM service – with characters, puppets, active songs, and all the fun. The focus will be on the same promise we are studying in the other services.
Our Guidelines for Your Safety
Our sanctuary has been re-set to allow for social distancing. We’ve measured and observed the federal standards – six feet between family units.
- During Phase 1, we will have main services only. There will be no kids ministry activities, nursery, childcare, connection classes, Wednesday night activities, choir, orchestra, or small groups
- Before every service, the sanctuary and all high-touch surfaces will be disinfected. We will only allow people in the room after that procedure is complete.
- Greeters will be wearing masks and gloves. We will not shake hands, hug, or high five. Instead, we will air hug, wave, and smile
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up throughout the building. We encourage their frequent use.
- To help prevent the spread of infection, we encourage everyone to wear a face mask. If you forget, one will be provided for you. Infants and toddlers will not be required to wear a mask. If you have a health condition that makes it impossible for you to wear a mask, we understand.
- Common areas and gathering spaces of the building will be closed. That includes the coffee bar and water water stations and any place where people might congregate such as the lobby and fellowship hall..
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth and nose or sneeze into your elbow.
- We will continually wipe down surfaces in the restrooms and other high-touch areas.
- We will not distribute any bulletins or printed materials. Offering envelopes will be placed on the chairs. Extras will be removed and destroyed between services.
- We encourage you to continue giving online. During services, we will take an offering. Ushers will wear masks and gloves. They will walk to your family and allow you to drop your offering into a bucket, touch-free.
Entering & Exiting the Building
When you enter the building, you will be directed to a seating area for your family. We will seat people from the front of the room to the back of the room. We have spaces for families with babies and infants. After service, we will dismiss you and direct you on exiting the building to ensure a quick, safe exit.
STAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR CHURCH FAMILY
We know you are practicing social distancing and spending a lot of time at home, but that doesn’t mean you have to go it alone! We have plenty of opportunities for you to stay connected with your MFA family online! If you choose not to attend services in-person, we totally understand! We’d like you invite you to join us online this week!